17 Travel Hacks that Will Make any Trip Better
Traveling is consistently listed as a favorite activity for most people. There’s something about being in a place far from home that is just fun, no matter if the trip is for business or pleasure. That being said, there are some struggles that come along with traveling. Here are 17 travel hacks that will make your next trip even more enjoyable.
- Roll your clothes, don’t fold them
This will help you save space in your luggage, as well as reduce creases and wrinkles. Depending on how long your trip is, you might be able to pack everything in your carry-on using this method.
- Pack a collapsible laundry bag
This will help keep your dirty laundry separate from your clean clothes, without taking up any extra space.
- Pack your shoes in shower caps
Like the laundry bag, this keeps the bottom of your shoes away from your clean clothes.
- Use old Tic-Tac containers (cleaned out!) to store bobby pins and jewelry
You don’t want small items getting lost in your luggage. This will help!
- Use binder clips to cover the blades of your razor
This will keep your razor sharp without risking issues with your clothes.
- Store power cords in an old sunglasses case
This way everything is in one, condensed space that you can easily find when you need it.
- Pack dryer sheets with your clothes
This will keep your clothes smelling fresh throughout your trip, especially if you’re traveling to multiple places or will be away from home for more than a week. Pack a small box or plastic bag filled with other dryer sheets to replace old sheets during your trip.
- Keep a bottle of peppermint essential oil in your carry-on
Peppermint essential oil can help with nausea during a flight. You can also use it as an easy breath mint or to keep yourself smelling fresh during long travel days.
- Buy a portable phone charger you can keep in your carry-on
Don’t get stuck next to outlets that fill up quickly in airports.
- In a pinch, you can charge your phone using a TV
Most TVs have USB ports on the back now. Plug your phone cord into the TV to get some juice if you forgot a wall plug for your cord.
- Use credit card sign-up bonuses to get extra rewards
This is a process known as “credit card churning” and can be really rewarding. Sign up for a new card to book a flight or pay for other travel expenses and cash in on rewards offers to save money.
- Renting a car? Give the company your flight number
This way, the rental company can know if your flight was delayed or cancelled.
- Wear your heaviest shoes and clothes to the airport
This will help you save space in your luggage.
- Make your luggage and backpacks waterproof with a trash bag
Lining your luggage or backpack with a trash bag can protect items inside in case of rain or heavy snow.
- Bring an empty water bottle to the airport
You can fill it up at a water fountain once you get passed security.
- Keep screenshots and photos of your passport, ID and journey confirmations
This will be a lifesaver if your information is lost or stolen, or if you can’t access the internet when you get where you’re going.
- Download digital maps to use offline later
Many map phone apps, including Google Maps, allow users to download maps to use offline later. For travelers concerned about using too much mobile data or not having dependable access to WiFi, this can be a lifesaver.
The best travel hack? Flying out of South Bend International Airport. Book your flight for your next great adventure today!