Rock the Red Eye
What does this mean for you? The most exciting benefit of a red eye is that you still enjoy the exact same amount of time in Vegas, but have one less hotel night. This means more money to use on an awesome show, amazing food, and gaming!
Book your trip today. Then follow these tips to Rock the Red Eye!
Things to pack
- Sleep mask
- Neck pillow
- Eye drops
- Breath mints
- Lip balm
- Travel blanket
- A good book
Day of the Flight
- Check out of your hotel and leave your luggage with the concierge desk (be sure to keep a few dollars handy for tipping when you claim your bags later)
- Go have fun – but not too much fun! It is a violation of Federal Airline Regulations to board a passenger who appears to be intoxicated – and you don’t want to miss your flight home!
- Stay hydrated throughout the day – water is especially important when you’re in the dry climate of Las Vegas
- Give yourself plenty of time to get to the airport, and plan to arrive at least 2 hours before your scheduled flight departure time
At the Airport
- Use restroom before you board the plane
- Fill your water bottle after you go through security – but limit your liquid intake for a couple hours before the flight so you can maximize your sleeping time on the plane
- Eat a light snack
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol – both can inhibit your ability to sleep
- Change into comfortable clothes
- Do as many of your pre-bedtime activities as possible to signal to your brain and body that it’s time to sleep – wash your face, brush your teeth, and take some deep breaths
- Try to relax and wind down in the gate area – it will make falling asleep on the plane easier if you’re already sleepy when you board
On the Flight
- Once you’ve settled into your seat, turn off distractions and try to sleep
- Turn off your overhead light – not only will you have a better chance of sleeping with the light off, but your fellow passengers will appreciate your consideration
- Don’t look at your smartphone screen – even with the bluelight filter on, looking at your phone’s screen makes it more difficult to sleep
- Even if you can’t sleep, just close your eyes – your eyes will thank you!
- Can’t sleep? Try these tricks:
- Do calming exercises or stretches – check out these stretches you can do on an airplane without disturbing your seatmate(s)
- Try deep breathing or meditation
- Listen to calming music or low-key podcast (We recommend Bob Ross in the Calm app)
When you Land
- Tell your brain and body it’s time to wake up by engaging in as much of your morning routine as possible – brush your teeth, stretch, drink coffee, or whatever else gets you going in the morning
- Hydrate! Did you know experts recommend one 8 oz glass of water for each hour in the air?
- Use eye drops if your eyes feel dry
- Treat yourself to a good breakfast – you’ve earned it!
- Share with us on social media how you #RockTheRedEye