Sometimes, a mini vacation is just what you need – and a weekend getaway is the perfect mini vacation. You don’t have to go that far away, but a short flight and a change of scenery are just what the doctor ordered.
South Bend International Airport offers nonstop service to 12 destinations using four different airlines, making weekend trips as easy as they are fun! Here are three destinations to consider for your next weekend getaway.
After just two-and-a-half hours in the air, you’ll be in the heart of north Texas. Dallas has an amazing music scene — not to mention the food, incredibly rich culture, and history. When you’re there, you might just find yourself wanting to stay for longer than a weekend. But since work calls on Monday morning, here are a few things that you can fit in on Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday:
Take A Tour Of The Dallas Museum Of Art
- There are over 24,000 pieces of art in this breathtaking museum, including works by Van Gogh, Monet, and Picasso. Located right in downtown Dallas, this museum was created with the intent of helping people connect and feel moved by art.
Channel Your Inner Cowboy at Ascend
- There’s no better place for horseback riding than in Texas, and one of the best places to giddy up and go is at Ascend Camp and Retreat Center. Even if you’ve never ridden a horse in your life, these immersive trails can still be a great experience for you – they know how to work with first-timers and experienced riders alike. Here, you can also enjoy group events, camping, archery, a ropes course, along with much, much more.
Check Out The Views At Reunion Tower
- If you want to see Dallas at its best, you need to get to the top of the 470-foot tall Reunion Tower. This observation deck boasts a panoramic view of the city where you’ll be able to see all of the city’s famous landmarks and its beautiful skyline.
The flight to Atlanta from South Bend is about two hours — and that’s an incredibly short amount of time to get to one of the most exciting cities in the world. There’s plenty to do in Atlanta, no matter what type of traveler you may be.
Visit The Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site
- This nonprofit organization is in the heart of Atlanta and it’s a great place to go to learn not only about MLK Jr., but about civil rights in general. Take a guided tour through Dr. King’s birth home and check out exhibitions centered around Dr. King, Mahatma Gandhi, and Coretta Scott King as well.
See A Show At The The Fox Theatre
- If you didn’t know that you could see a Broadway show in Atlanta, now you do! At the Fox Theatre, you’ll find Broadway productions, comedy, and live music too. From local bands to summer movies to brand new shows, this is where you want to be if you love live performances.
Be Amazed by the Georgia Aquarium
- The Georgia Aquarium is the largest aquarium in the Western Hemisphere! It also doubles as a teaching hospital for all of its aquatic residents.
- Here, you’ll get to see giant whale sharks, Beluga whales, dolphins, penguins, and so much more. You’ll definitely lose yourself in the magic of ocean life at the Georgia Aquarium.
Sunny Orlando, Florida, offers more than the big theme parks like Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, and SeaWorld. If you’re looking for a few ideas off the beaten path, there are many options to choose from.
Challenge Yourself at Nona Adventure Park
- Nona Adventure Park is for those who love to get out, get active, and, most of all, have tons of fun. Here, there are activities for the whole family that include an inflatable aqua park and obstacle course, a ropes course, rock wall, wake cable courses, and a climbing wall. They call this place the “ultimate outdoor adventure” for a good reason!
Taste Your Way Through Gideon’s Bakehouse
- You don’t know what you’re missing out on if you’ve never tasted a cookie from Gideon’s Bakehouse. All their cookies are crafted in small batches, which means they’re big, gooey, and absolutely delicious. You also can’t go wrong with their cake and cold brew coffee!
Play With Dolphins at Discovery Cove
- Swimming with the dolphins is on pretty much everyone’s bucket list, and you can make that dream come true at Discovery Cove. There are other sea animals that you can swim with, too, including otters and fish, along with tons of beautiful birds to feed.
Take Flight This Weekend!
So, where are you off to this weekend? SBN can get you there quickly and safely. South Bend International Airport offers nonstop flights to 12 destinations, with convenient connections worldwide.